Destek provides structural engineering services to insurance and adjusting firms for catastrophe and daily claims. Destek’s difference is the ability to design upgrades and repairs to distressed structures and creating a code compliant structure. We also provide forensic inspection services related to real estate transactions; such as in depth structural evaluation of structures during the property condition assessment. Destek’s goal is to provide accurate and timely evaluations, so the issues related to damage and deficiencies can be resolved promptly.
The practice of our staff in Florida is focused on forensic evaluation of commercial and residential properties with daily insurance claims arising from water/moisture intrusion, plumbing leaks, construction defects, foundation settlement, hail and wind events and similar. Our experience in Florida is over 1000 properties.
Our forensic structural engineering services are as following:
- Forensic inspection of structures damaged due to natural perils such as; flood, snow, earthquake, ice and wind storms.
- Forensic inspection of structures damaged by water/moisture intrusion and plumbing failures.
- Forensic evaluation of damaged kitchen cabinets, flooring and roofing.
- Evaluation of roofs, damaged by hail and/or wind.
- Vibration analysis and assessment of damage due to construction activity.
- Temporary support design to stabilize damaged structures.
- Rehabilitation design of damaged structures.
- Recommendation of repairs for damaged structures.
- Detailed structural analysis of damaged structures to determine root cause in order to specify appropriate repairs.
- Evaluation of current condition of a facility.
- Evaluations for code compliance.
- Investigation and remedy of construction deficiencies.
- Detailed structural analysis of structures due to load increase or alterations.
- Forensic inspection of structures due to long term deterioration such as parking structures.
Our most recent catastrophe experience is related to Hurricane Sandy. Using our in-house capabilities, we have assessed damage to more than 1000 structures in New York and New Jersey. Destek is ready to deploy immediately to the areas stricken by catastrophe!